The organisation is swinging into action to bring East Coast Week to the Forth next year and to host the event here at Port Edgar.
In addition to a packed programme of races for yachts and dinghies and there will also be events for others including a passage race for cruisers, a treasure hunt, picnic etc. There will also be a number of social events like an evening cruise on Forth Belle, parties, as well as the prize giving. The aim is to involve traders in a trade exhibition to give us all an opportunity to see new releases of hardware etc.
How will this affect BHA members? As part of the Port Edgar community we have been invited to support the week with a few tasks. These have not yet been finalised but as we firm up ideas from the committee meetings at which we are represented, I will ensure that you get to hear what is happening and invite you to volunteer to take part.
Following a profuse apology for my being late, Pat, Kenny and I discussed the following:
- Dredging: Thumper is still serviceable and is working. The machinery is being nursed and work is concentrated on the S. Pat has discovered that running Thumper is a major expense.
- Prices for mooring: The fees have been restricted to less than 3pc in the main. The new brochure will list all the charges and will be published soon. The brochure will be released on the web. It is worth noting for example that the Ratho soft play area charges have been increased by 17pc this year!
- Pontoons: Boards are being replaced whilst funds are being sought for the nylon covering. New lights have been fitted above the refuelling berth to assist with safety. New rails have been fitted on the crane to act as a safety measure.
- Maintenance: Work continues. In addition more power points have been installed at the Church. A water trailer with pressure hose has been secured allowing boat owners to power wash boats.
- New Staff; Mainly front of house.
- New Management: No news yet of the bids for the Marina.
- Shed 4 Door: The company due to make and install the new door on Shed 4 has ceased trading.
- Laundry: A replacement washing machine has been bought and installed.